[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check <type 'exceptions.OverflowError'> long int exceeds XML-RPC limits

john miller johnmille1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:07:29 UTC 2012

I have a rhel 6.2 system with rhn-check-1.6.47.

When I try to do rhn_check or rhn-profile-sync I get the following error:

Updating package profile
D: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC registration.welcome_message
D: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC registration.update_packages
An error occured talking to :
<type 'exceptions.OverflowError'>
long int exceeds XML-RPC limits
Trying the next serverURL: http:///XMLRPC

rhnreg_ks fails with

D: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC registration.add_packages
An error occured talking to :
<type 'exceptions.OverflowError'>
long int exceeds XML-RPC limits
Trying the next serverURL: http:///XMLRPC

I can not find any server side logs indicating an error associated with the
client error