[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk continually generating Errata Alert Emails

Matthew Ceroni matthewceroni at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 17:43:02 UTC 2013

About a week ago I loaded all of the CentOS errata for version 5 and 6 (up
until April 4), using the following tool

http://cefs.steve-meier.de/

The errata loaded, however ever since (so almost a week) the CPU usage on
my Spacewalk server hovers around 75% and I slowly get Spacewalk Errata
Alert indicating that one ore more systems you have registered are impacted
by said errata.

Looking at the pg Activity log for Postgres I see the following statement
that is continually running:

SELECT DISTINCT snv.server_id AS server_id, S.name, S.release, SA.name as
arch,
         urn.user_id
       FROM (
 --
 select rhnChannelErrata.errata_id, rhnChannelErrata.channel_id,
rhnServerChannel.server_id, rhnErrataPackage.package_id
 from rhnChannelErrata, rhnErrataPackage, rhnChannelNewestPackage,
rhnPackageEVR,
         rhnServerChannel, rhnServerPackage, rhnPackageUpgradeArchCompat
 where rhnChannelErrata.errata_id = rhnErrataPackage.errata_id
 --
         and rhnChannelErrata.channel_id =
rhnChannelNewestPackage.channel_id

I have about 175 systems registered. Is there a way to optimize the DB so
that the searching of systems + applicable errata runs quicker. Or a way to
terminate the current (going on a week now) process that has been running
since I loaded all the Errata? I tried restarting Spacewalk but that didn't
resolve anything.