[Spacewalk-list] 2.0 Upgrade - serious performances issues during daily "diff profiled config files and deployed config files"

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 10:04:49 UTC 2013

> I am guessing the way these diffs are being done have changed since
> 2.0? I would greatly appreciate some help in order to troubleshoot
> this further and hopefully coming back to a stable state.

Hello Sebastien,

CompareConfigFilesTask.java was last changed  in July 2011
(changing copyright years).
It's super class was changed recently, but the changes have
no effect on the configuration files comparison.

How large are your configuration files?
Do you have many of them that are larger than 1MB?

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat