[Spacewalk-list] 2.0 Upgrade - serious performances issues during daily "diff profiled config files and deployed config files"

Sebastien Leterrier sleterrier at blizzard.com
Tue Aug 6 16:43:26 UTC 2013

> If you mean a custom taskomatic bunch/task, then no. We never intended to let the user define custom taskomatic bunches/tasks.
> The bunches are pre-defined and the user may just adjust, how often and when they shall be scheduled.

That is good to know. Thank you!

> Is it possible that you lately increased number of managed configuration files per server?

That is indeed a possibility. I unfortunately do not remember the exact date when that happened, but I have added a few new configuration channels as well as renamed some of them lately. Nonetheless, the overall number of configuration files per server is pretty steady since a while.
As of today, we manage a total of 124 Configuration Files split in 24 Centrally Managed Configuration Channel + 4 Locally Managed configuration across 136 servers. The average number of configuration file per server is 35. This might also worth mentioning that we take advantage of channel ranking pretty intensively: it is common we managed the same configuration file across different channels to which a server is subscribed. We ensure they get the proper version of it thanks to the ranking of the channel.

Sebastien
Senior Systems Administrator