[Spacewalk-list] Repo woes

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 11:47:59 UTC 2013

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
% Michael,

Hi Dimitri,

% OK, I'll clone the x86_64 channel.  Do I then have to select
% a repository, or does the cloning process handle that?  If

Nope, cloning don't clone repository reference. Moreover you
don't want to have that samba repo tied to the cloned (i386) channel
because of the x86_64 packages.

% it doesn't, do I choose the x86_64 repo that I created
% earlier?

You can periodicaly sync packages to the x86_64 channel, then
unfortunatelly you have to "re-sync" you i386 cloned channel manually
on webUI (Manage Software Channels > <channel> > Packages > Add)
or you may atomate it via script / API calls.

% Dimitri

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat