[Spacewalk-list] OpenSCAP Scans, anyone?

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at onpointfc.com
Wed Aug 7 14:51:52 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 07 August 2013 10:34:07 am Simon Lukasik wrote:
> On 08/07/2013 03:58 PM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> > Good morning, Simon and Stu.
> >
> > The RPM with the fix looks to have worked!  The test
> > profile checks 11 rules, and 11 rules have a result of
> > pass or fail in Spacewalk.  Many, many thanks.
>
> Hello Dimitri,
>
> Great to see the issue resolved.
>
> > Believe me, I don't want to sound anything less than
> > grateful, but (of course) the report created by oscap
> > from Spacewalk is pretty cursory.  It mainly shows the
> > rule identifier and result.  I suppose one could run
> > oscap at the command line of the target host to get
> > greater detail. I've put up the report that oscap
> > generates at the command line at
> > www.onpointfc.com/report.html, and will leave it there
> > for just a short time so that you can have a look-see.
> > Would be great if Spacewalk provided similar detail or,
> > at least, provided a link to a generated html report
> > like that I posted.  Just sayin'.
>
> Thank You for the feedback. In fact, Spacewalk already
> can grab & store that HTML report for you.
>
> I've just finished a write-up about it at
>
>     http://isimluk.livejournal.com/4043.html
>
> You only need to enable it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Simon Lukasik
> Security Technologies

Thanks, Simon.  Couldn't have been easier to set up, and
works a treat!

I must say that I've found being part of this list a very
pleasurable experience.  My posts have been answered
quickly, with spot-on solutions, by nice, knowledgeable
folks.  Greatly appreciated.

Now, on to yet another question :-)  .

Dimitri

believed to be clean.