[Spacewalk-list] kick-start not completing groups

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 00:32:34 UTC 2013

thepowertool_sc at hotmail.com writes:

> I am currently running Spacewalk 1.9 on Fedora 18.  I can provide more detail on this, as
> necessary.
>
> I have kickstart setup and I can install systems from kickstart with some success.  I have noticed
> that when I install from kickstarts it seems that groups are not completely installed.  I'll show
> examples and would appreciate any trouble-shooting pointers.  I'm wondering if I missed something
> when configuring my Spacewalk server.  Thanks!
>
> (please see questions at bottom)
>
> yum grouplist installed
> Loaded plugins: rhnplugin
> This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
> fedora18-x86-64/group                                    | 1.6 MB     00:00
> fedora18-x86-64/group                                    | 1.6 MB     00:00
> Failed to retrieve group file for repository: fedora18-x86-64
> Installed Groups:
>    Administration Tools
>    Authoring and Publishing
>    Cloud Infrastructure
>    Design Suite
>    Development Tools
>    Electronic Lab
>    Milkymist
>    Network Servers
>    Office/Productivity
>    Robotics
>    Sound and Video
>    Spacewalk Client
>    System Tools
>    Text-based Internet
> Done
>

> yum groupinfo Office/Productivity
> Loaded plugins: rhnplugin
> This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
> fedora18-x86-64/group                                    | 1.6 MB     00:00
> fedora18-x86-64/group                                    | 1.6 MB     00:00
> Failed to retrieve group file for repository: fedora18-x86-64
>
> Group: Office/Productivity
>  Group-Id: office
>  Optional Packages:
>    MagicPoint
>    Saaghar
>    Zim
>    abiword
>    aiksaurus-thesaurus
>    alexandria
>    bibus
>    calcurse
>    calibre
>    calligra
>    calligra-braindump
>    calligra-flow
>    calligra-kexi
>    calligra-plan
>    calligra-sheets
>    calligra-stage
>    calligra-words
>    cherrytree
>    dayplanner
>    dia
>    evince
>    glabels
>    glom
>    gnucash
>    gnumeric
>    gnumeric-plugins-extras
>    gourmet
> [...]

My guess is that you have duplicate repositories configured for yum. One from
the default distro and the other from Spacewalk. I like do a "yum -v
repolist | grep url" when investigating where / what my repos are pointing
at.

As for the discrepancy between what is installed from a default DVD install
vs. your kickstart, I suppose you *might* be able to find a sample package
list on the DVD that is used but I'm completely speculating at this
point. Instead, I would just focus on what you really want to have installed
and just continue to update your own package list.

--
Jon Miller