[Spacewalk-list] Possible to associate a remote command with a config file deploy (as opposed to a package update)?

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Wed Aug 14 12:23:28 UTC 2013

Tomas --

Thanks for confirming that I wasn't missing something.

Best,
Andy

On 8/14/13 5:39 AM, "Tomas Lestach" <tlestach at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd like to use spacewalk for version control of (for instance)
> apache
> config files.

Spacewalk just remembers the revisions, as a version control it's very
very limited.

>  Is there a way to associate a remote command (like a
> 'configtest' or a 'reload') immediately AFTER the file gets deployed?
>
> I'd hoped that there would be an analogous function to the "Add
> Remote
> Command to Package Upgrade" button that is available when scheduling
> package updates to a single server.

No, there isn't.

> Essentially, though, it would be tying the "Remote Command" function
> the "Deploy File" function.
>
> Is this possible somehow?

Sure, it is. As far I know, we do not have this feature on our scope.
However, somebody from the community might be interested to work on it.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat