[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring reposync jobs success/failure status

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Thu Aug 22 16:33:14 UTC 2013

I'm curious to see if anyone is using automated monitoring to detect when reposync jobs are failing?   There doesn't seem to be any provision that I've come across yet to show in the web GUI any indication of success/failure status of the taskomatic reposync jobs.   I recently ran into some issues with a few of my reposyncs after the upgrade to spacewalk 2.0.   Now I would like very much to have some sort of status indicator that gives me a summary of how all of these jobs are behaving.  Ideally I'd like to get some kind of alert if there is a serious failure.   After what I've seen, I think it won't do anymore to go happily along with no idea if they are working unless I look into the log files myself.

Is there a way now with spacecmd or the API to display the most recent successful reposync for a particular channel?   It would be nice from my perspective to have the last successful sync date posted alongside the channel info at least under Software Channel Management if not the Full Channel List page.

Is there anything in the works to display this information?

Thank you,

Robert Boyd
Senior Systems Engineer | Peoplefluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681