[Spacewalk-list] Error displaying package details

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Mon Aug 26 08:41:11 UTC 2013

> >Hello Sajesh,
> >
> >it seems you're missing 'ERRATA_FROM' column in the rhnErrata table.
> >The java stack expects the column to be there, but it's missing.
> >
> >The errata_from column was added to schema back in 2010 and was
> >included already in Spacewalk 1.4.
> >
> >I'm not sure, if you upgraded from a Spacewalk older than 1.4 and
> >the upgrade failed, or how you ended up in this state.
> >Your database schema definitely does not correspond to Spacewalk
> >2.0.
> >
> >Did you follow the upgrade instructions?
> >https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade
>
> Thomas,
>
> Always followed the instructions at the page above when upgrading.
> Never had a failed schema upgrade. Is there a way to manually add
> this column into the database?

Sure, there is. However I do not believe, it will fix your issue. If you're
missing a change from 2010, there might be much more troubles than
this one.

Let us know, what Spacewalk version you originally installed and to what
versions you upgraded afterwords.

And what do following commands say:
# rhn-schema-version
# rpm -q spacewalk-schema spacewalk-java

==============
Regarding your missing column you may try this:
# spacewalk-sql -i
and paste following lines (do not paste lines that start with "-"):
- following is the line, that adds you the missing column:
ALTER TABLE rhnErrata ADD    errata_from varchar2(127);
- your advisory and advisory_name columns were extended:
ALTER TABLE rhnErrata MODIFY advisory_name varchar2(100);
ALTER TABLE rhnErrata MODIFY advisory varchar2(100);
- we did the same for unpublished errata (I suppose you'll miss them, too):
ALTER TABLE rhnErrataTmp ADD    errata_from varchar2(127);
ALTER TABLE rhnErrataTmp MODIFY advisory_name varchar2(100);
ALTER TABLE rhnErrataTmp MODIFY advisory varchar2(100);
- within the same commit an extra column was added to the rhnErrataBuglist table:
ALTER TABLE rhnErrataBuglist add(href VARCHAR2(255));
- ok, that was it
quit

But as I wrote already - after you resolve this, other issues may pop up.
In that case a fresh installation would be recommended.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat