[Spacewalk-list] Schedule System Reboot via Web Interface

Daniel Souvignier daniel.souvignier at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 2 12:19:50 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

setting up osad did the trick! However, I had to remove jabber db before
osa-dispatcher would start...

Thanks!

Regards,
Daniel

Am 02.12.2013 12:03, schrieb Michael Mraka:
> Daniel Souvignier wrote:
> % Some update on the situation. Reboot via web interface seems to work
> % now, but with a delay from approximately an hour. Is that normal?
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Yes, that's standard behavior. Client have to pick up actions scheduled
> for it on Spacewalk. This is normally done by invoking rhn_check once in
> 4 hours (via rhnsd daemon). You can either shorten the interval in
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd or if you need instant response setup osad.
> (See https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OsadHowTo.)
>
> % Am 28.11.2013 15:28, schrieb Daniel Souvignier:
> % >My problem is, that I can't find any relevant information in the
> % >logs. The only thing I find is an error in httd error_log, which
> % >says "[error] asdfasdfasdf at
> % >/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sniglets/Servers.pm line 366" each
> % >time I schedule a reboot. Even after turning on debugging mode on
> % >the client there is nothing in the logs there about reboot.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka
> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Daniel Souvignier
Fachinformatiker Systemintegration in Ausbildung
Lehrstuhl für integrierte Analogschaltungen
RWTH Aachen
Sommerfeldstraße 24 (Walther-Schottky-Haus)
52074 Aachen
Raum 24C 313
Tel.:0241/80-27771
www.ias.rwth-aachen.de