[Spacewalk-list] Showing all systems takes forever

Justin Edmands shockwavecs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 01:13:24 UTC 2013

When going to Systems --> All , it takes about 30 seconds to show the list.
I have it currently set to show 25 at a time. Everything else in the system
is working fine.

with htop, I notice the process uses 100% CPU and sits at (idle)

It's only managing 73 systems and doesn't do much, that I know of.

Spacewalk server is a VM with:
6GB RAM
4x L5520 vCPU (started with 1 vCPU as more is not always better in
virtualization)
no limit on disk IOPS (new iSCSI SAN with roughly 2K IOPS available)
no contention anywhere

on spacecmd, it loads the system_list command in a split second.

We have two spacewalk servers, the one that has over 250 clients loads the
same size list in about 2 seconds. This one, with more RAM and vCPU, takes
15 times longer to load.