[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.0 not installing packages from child channels during kickstart

Clegg, Larry E [HDS] Larry.Clegg at hdsupply.com
Fri Dec 13 23:39:23 UTC 2013

Greetings Spacewalkers:

My platform:   Oracle Linux 6.4, Spacewalk 2.0

Problem:  I can't get packages from the child channels installed during a kickstart.

Description:    I have a bare metal target client server - it PXE boots and my Spacewalk server sees it and responds properly.  The correct base OS  image is downloaded and installed and the client server registers itself back to the Spacewalk server successfully.  The packages I have selected in the "Software" section of the Kickstart are all installed correctly.   I have some child channels which are activated as part of the KS - their repos show up in the KS file.     The activation keys also show up correctly.  I have one child channel from which I want to install some packages - I have the packages identified in the Activation Key setup in Spacewalk.  But...no matter what I try I cannot get any packages from child channels to install during the initial kickstart.  I've tried using one activation key for the base and all child channels, I've tried individual activation keys for base and child channels, I've imported the GPG keys for the child channels....yet nothing works.  No error messages that I can find anywhere.  I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong at this point.

Thanks
Larry