[Spacewalk-list] automatic deployment of configuration channes at specific intervals

Daniel Souvignier daniel.souvignier at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 17 09:01:18 UTC 2013

Thanks, the task scheduling feature is what I was looking for. I just
didn't find it documented somewhere...

Am 17.12.2013 09:53, schrieb Gerald Vogt:
> On 17.12.13 09:27, Daniel Souvignier wrote:
>> I configured a configuration channel on our spacewalk system containing
>> all important configuration files on our infrastructure. What I want to
>> do now is to have the systems check every hour or so if they have
>> exactly the versions of the configuration files deployed so the
>> configuration on all workstation is ensured to stay the same over time.
>> I didn't find a configuration for this in the GUI. Is there a spacewalk
>> mechanism for that or do I have to install a cron job on all client
>> systems?
> By default spacewalk runs the "compare-config-bunch" every day at 23:00.
> You can see the number of differences in the "Configs" column of the
> System Overview and other lists.
>
> If there are differences the number of differences should have a link
> which directs you directly to the Configuration Overview page of that
> system. At the bottom you should see "Last Spacewalk and System
> Comparison" with information of the last comparison operation. Click the
> "View Details" link and you'll see the differences found.
>
> The task schedule is configured on the main "Admin" tab, "Task
> Schedules". You can change the schedule for various tasks including the
> "compare-configs-default".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gerald

Daniel Souvignier
Fachinformatiker Systemintegration in Ausbildung
Lehrstuhl für integrierte Analogschaltungen
RWTH Aachen
Sommerfeldstraße 24 (Walther-Schottky-Haus)
52074 Aachen
Raum 24C 313
Tel.:0241/80-27771
www.ias.rwth-aachen.de