[Spacewalk-list] upgrading Oracle 10g to 11g

dleeorama dleeorama at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 05:28:53 UTC 2013

Basically  you first make a backup copy of your database and use oracle
datapump to export the dB.

Create a new dB mountpoints (NFS mountpoints-
u01 - for oracle binarys
u02 -for oracle DB
u03 -for oracle DB backups of the new DB(10g or 11g ).

Next import the new dB you exported  and bring it online follow Oracle
recommended procedures. If you have an Oracle Metalink account you can
search for migrating  to 10g Standalone DB.

Recently we did this at our site as Oracle XE only support  4GB database
maximum in Tablespace.

I hope this helps! Search Oracle Metalink

Regards,

Dwayne Lee