[Spacewalk-list] Update Clone Channel?

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 20:33:00 UTC 2013

While it doesn't indicate that re-cloning a channel into an existing
channel performs an update, I did go forward with some tests and found that
to be the basic behavior.

There is one issue I encountered, though: When the update completed, there
were four packages in the source channel (itself a clone of the official
base channel) which were not added to the destination clone channel. I was
able to incorporate them using a merge and will likely look at that option
via the API going forward. Just wanted to point out the minor issue I
encountered.

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me