[Spacewalk-list] RHN taskomatic won't start

Funk, Alex afunk at ecmc.org
Mon Dec 23 20:43:47 UTC 2013

Greetings.  I'm running spacewalk 2.0 on CentOS release 6.4, using an oracle 11.2 backend.  I have some troubles getting taskomatic to start, and there isn't much useful in /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log, except that it never receives a signal from the JVM, then that it couldn't kill the JVM:

ERROR  | wrapper  | 2013/12/23 14:35:19 | Startup failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
ERROR  | wrapper  | 2013/12/23 14:35:19 | JVM did not exit on request, terminated
INFO   | wrapper  | 2013/12/23 14:35:19 | JVM exited on its own while waiting to kill the application.
STATUS | wrapper  | 2013/12/23 14:35:19 | JVM exited in response to signal SIGKILL (9).

There was a RHN document about troubleshooting taskomatic (of course I can't find it now...) which mentions verifying connectivity between taskomatic and tomcat, but AFAICT, taskomatic never makes it to listening on ports (using netstat).  I tried a fresh database, and it still won't start.  I verified the RPM, I removed/reinstalled the RPM, and still no dice.  Is there cache anywhere else on the system I have to clear out, or any other ideas?  It was once working when I first implemented spacewalk, then the DB ran out of drive space, and it hasn't started since.  Everything else in SW works properly.

Thanks in advance!

Alex Funk