[Spacewalk-list] Increasing web session timeout

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Thu Feb 7 00:40:07 UTC 2013

* Mark <gajillion at gmail.com> [2013-02-06 07:26]:
> Hey All,
> Is there a way to increase the timeout for web sessions to Spacewalk? It
> seems pretty low right now - something like 10 minutes of inactivity and I
> get booted. I have a rhn_web.conf.rpmsave file under /etc/rhn/default and
> it has a web.session_cookie_lifetime entry in it, but that file and that
> value doesn't appear to be used anywhere. Where else should I look?

Most likely, you are looking for:
  <!-- ==================== Default Session Configuration ================= -->
  <!-- You can set the default session timeout (in minutes) for all newly   -->
  <!-- created sessions by modifying the value below.                       -->

    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>300</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

in /etc/tomcat5/web.xml