[Spacewalk-list] Best practices for Yum Repo

Paul Brunck Paul.Brunck at healthlanguage.com
Thu Feb 7 17:43:58 UTC 2013

If you define your repositories under manage software channels to external urls, Spacewalk will import all the rpms you are looking for without duplicates, and once your systems are registered to that spacewalk server you are able to use yum commands based on the channels the client is subscribed to.  There is no need to create a separate repo and then also use the same repos in spacewalk, that is as long as you are going to register all the systems to spacewalk.  If you are worried about defining different sets of packages for different clients, defining different channels can do that for you.