[Spacewalk-list] tito build of spacewalk git sources

Stephen Herr sherr at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 19:36:01 UTC 2013

Hi Andy,

Tito will always work with the most recent version in git. If you run
with --test it is the most recent git commit, period. If you don't run
with --test then it's the most recent version that has been tagged in
git. Tito will never pick up changes that have not been committed yet,
which yes can lead to difficulty when trying to fix build errors.

The workflow I usually use when I have tito build problems is to
1) fix whatever I think needs to be changed, git commit.
Then, before pushing the changes to my upstream repo (if any), try a
'tito build --rpm --test --offline'. If other errors are present or if
the first fix didn't actually fix anything, then
2) continue fixing, git commit --amend
This keeps all your fixes in that most recent commit. Then once
everything is finally working again, you can push your single git commit
upstream (if any).

-Stephen