[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 6 Related Kickstart Problem in Spacewalk

Trevor T Kates trevor.t.kates at dom.com
Tue Feb 12 19:55:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

My attempts to solve this problem solo have been met with much frustration. I am attempting to kickstart a CentOS 6.3 system via pxeboot, cobbler and Spacewalk. I have an activation key set up to load several configuration files upon registration which is also supposed to install relevant rhn packages. An error occurs when attempting to install libxml2-python because the version of this package that the kickstart is attempting to install originates from the CentOS 6 updates repo channel; however, the dependency for this package which is also in the CentOS 6 updates repo channel is unavailable because the repo is not enabled in the kickstart. If I enable the repo in the kickstart, the install will not complete and produces an install.log file full of errors like the following:

Installing postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.x86_64
warning: %post(postfix-2.6.6-2.2.el6_1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

I’m at a loss at the moment for how to properly fix this problem as all of my searches have turned up no viable solutions. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trevor T. Kates

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.