[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Cobbler - Ignoring architecture

Ryan Davies ryan at ryandavies.co.nz
Mon Feb 18 03:24:24 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I have Spacewalk sitting on a CentOS 6 server, I have a CentOS Channel set
up with x86_64 architecture selected.

However, when the Distribution is created from that, It's put into cobbler
as i386. When koan kicks up to turn that into a virtual machine, it creates
a i386 based KVM VM, and therefore the system cant kickstart because it's a
64Bit OS.

If I go in via ssh and update the distribution using cobbler edit, and
change the arch to x86_64, the systems kickstart as expected.

Is this a known issue? Or am I selecting the wrong architecture in the
Channel ?

Regards,

Ryan