[Spacewalk-list] CentOS v6 kickstart anaconda issues

Jonathan Scott lists at xistenz.org
Wed Feb 20 21:10:15 UTC 2013

Hello again folks. I'm not quite sure why I'm having so many issues with my
Spacewalk 1.8 install lately, but I come seeking assistance once again.

I seem unable to use my CentOS v6 kickstarts at all (32 and 64bit). When
attempting to start, I get as far as anaconda trying to load when it exits
with the following error: "Anaconda died after receiving signal 9. install
exited abnormally [1/1]". This only happens when I use a kickstart based
off of my Spacewalk 1.8 server, 1.7 does not have this issue. I don't have
issues with my similarly seeded CentOS v5 kickstarts. This seems completely
isolated to v6 and just to this Spacewalk install.

Infos:
- Fully updated Spacewalk 1.8 on CentOS v6.3
- CentOS-6.3-x86_64-bin-DVD[12].iso dated 6 July 2012 on the file system
- Base Satellite Software channel last updated 29 Aug 2012
- Anaconda version listed as 13.21.176 in the error message on both
Spacewalk 1.7 and 1.8 kickstarts

I've attempted to downgrade to CentOS v6.2 on both the distribution source
and base software channel, but I still get the same error.

Any insight and/or a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.
I'm completely stumped.

Thanks!
Jonathan