[Spacewalk-list] inability to completely purge orphaned packages

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Fri Feb 22 14:02:29 UTC 2013

Hello again list --

I'm trying to use rhnpush to add a couple packages to a custom channel.  I
initially created a channel, added the packages and then (since I needed
to define a different parent) deleted the channel, leaving the packages
orphaned.  I have (1) used the GUI to locate and remove the packages, and
(2) run the following:  spacewalk-data-fsck -v --remove

Despite these attempts, each time I try to re-add the packages to the new
channel (with correct parentage) I get the following errors:

[root ~] $ rhnpush --nosig --channel=fuqua-rhnpush-centos5-x86_64
--server=http://localhost/APP --dir=/opt/installs/rhnpush_stage/x86_64 -v
Connecting to http://localhost/APP

Package /opt/installs/rhnpush_stage/x86_64/jdk-7u15-linux-x64.rpm already
exists on the RHN Server-- Skipping Upload....
Package /opt/installs/rhnpush_stage/x86_64/jdk-6u41-linux-amd64.rpm
already exists on the RHN Server-- Skipping UploadŠ.

If I add the "--force" option, it gives me this error:

Error Message:
    Package Upload Failed
Error Class Code: 55
Error Class Info:
     The --force rhnpush option is disabled on this server.
     Please contact your Satellite administrator for more help.

Any ideas for how to clear this so that I can PROPERLY add the packages?

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Andy Ingham
IT Infrastructure