[Spacewalk-list] Clustering Spacewalk.

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 10:07:56 UTC 2013

Bernard McCormack wrote:
% I was wondering if any one has done clustered DB (Oracle 11gr2) with
% spacewalk using db clustering . We want to have spacewalk stay up in a
% different location in case we lose the site to site link. .  I have

Hello Bernard,

Assuming clustered DB means Oracle Real Application Cluster (aka RAC) -
yes, you can point spacewalk to RAC. Just create /etc/tnsnames.ora with
appropriate service description and pass that service name to
spacewalk-setup as database name.

On the other hand RAC might be a good performance booster rather
recovery solution.

% tried to set up multimaster replication (Oracle), but a number of
% tables are missing primary keys. Any help\ thoughts would be
% appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean by multimaster replication.
Correct disaster recovery solution is Oracle Data Guard (aka Standby database).

% Thanks,
% --Bernard McCormack.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat