[Spacewalk-list] Clustering Spacewalk.

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 16:06:38 UTC 2013

Czerak, Jason wrote:
% Michael, the stability issues you speak of is absolutely not the case with today’s current RAC implementations.

Hi Jason,

I didn't speak about RAC stability but Spacewalk. The Spacewalk
application part is not cluster-aware, caches data there and there and
may cause data corruption if you (try to) use more nodes talking to the
same database.

% Paul, Benard:
% I’ve had spacewalk talking to a RAC cluster about 3 years ago. The WebUI connectivity was fine. There were problems with the background scripts when you shut down a node or two. It wasn’t smart enough to “reconnect”. I didn’t give it much effort to debug. However that was before the use of SCAN listeners in our environment. I bet leveraging the SCAN LISTENER layer spacewalk would work just fine as a whole.
%
% Spacewalk is rather small and non-critical so it’s Schema was moved to a standalone instance. So I can’t speak for current spacewalk code.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat