[Spacewalk-list] OSAD clients offline as of unknown

Parrucci, Brian Anthony. (GSFC-590.0)[ASRC MANAGEMENT SERVICES INC] brian.parrucci at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 3 16:28:25 UTC 2013

I can remove the username and password from rhn.conf now but initially it was never added to the database until I added it to rhn.conf and restarted spacewalk.

Yes the offline clients have sslCACert directive in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date configured to /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT but not in osad.conf.

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Milan Zazrivec
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:58 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] OSAD clients offline as of unknown

> $ rpm -q osa-dispatcher
> osa-dispatcher-5.11.10-1.el6.noarch
>
> When I added:
>  > osa-dispatcher.jabber_username = pqsql username
> >
> > osa-dispatcher.jabber_password = pqsql password

These two configuration options are not used anywhere in our code; when osa-dispatcher starts for the very first time, it creates its identity and password for jabber network and stores it in the database (rhnPushDispatcher table).

> It fixed my osad problem on half my clients. The other half was
> missing server_name osa_ssl_cert =
> /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
> in osad.conf. Adding it brought them online.

These clients requiring to modify osa_ssl_cert, do they have sslCACert directive in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date configured correctly?

> But according to your last e-mail neither of these should matter right?
> What would be wrong?
>
> Before in psql running: select jabber_id, password from
> rhnPushDispatcher; returned 0 fields. After adding username and
> password to osad.conf now it returns 1 row:
> (rhn-dispatcher-sat at server.fqdn.com/superclient | encrypted
> password) and no more 'Invalid password' in osa-dispatcher.log
>
> Is something wrong here? I'm running spacewalk 1.8 upgraded from 1.7.

Not quite sure what happened here, though if rhnPushDispatcher table is showing what you're describing above, you should be good.

-MZ