[Spacewalk-list] remote repository

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 08:36:19 UTC 2013

% >Do you want to add it as a repository to the server, or
%
% This should not be a problem, but is not what we want to do.
%
% >do you want
% >the clients to have rpm forge repo but not sync the whole repo to
% >spacewalk server?
%
% Yes, this one, we want the clients have rpmforge repo active but not
% sync the whole repo to spacewalk server. Is it possible?

Spacewalk does not support this. If you want to save bandwidth you can
install web proxy (e.g. squid) on spacewalk server and configure clients
to go to rpmforge repo via this proxy.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat