[Spacewalk-list] Switching from rhn-clone-errata to eva-direct-errata-sync

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 06:48:02 UTC 2013

Hello Paul.
First, thanks a lot for this hint, now it works... but with a little
twist: as I'm setting environment variables, I use proxy to connect to RHN
AND to my local spacewalk server...
How could I unset PROXY variables for Spacewalk, and not for RHN?
By the way, great script, it works like a charm (except this proxy setting!)

I still have three questions:
- For Centos, I have a base channel named Centos 6 Base and a child channel
for the updates. Can your script find packages in both?
- For RHEL channels: Do i have to call the script twice to get erratas from
RHEL 6 Server channels and RHEL 6 Optionnal channel, or does your script
automagically find everything when calling it and specifying the rhel 6
server channel?
- I'm planning to call the script once a day, with the "startfromprevious"
option. Imagine the following case, which happens quite frequently: RedHat
publishes a RHSA with the associated packages on day 1. The next night, I'm
going the download the package and create the errata for RHEL. But  from
centos, it happens that the packages are not yet available (they are
published a few days after). Your script will skip the errata creation for
centos... but even when the package will be available, the errata will
never be re-created, as it starts with the last launch date. How can I
address this?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre