[Spacewalk-list] cobbler-sync and kickstartfile-sync

Rick Leonhardt richleonhardt at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 14 16:58:25 UTC 2013

Hagberg, Keith <Keith.Hagberg at ...> writes:

> What could be causing cobbler to be unavailable.
>
> When I run top cobblerd is usually the top consumer of cpu. It normally is
taking 100% of one cpu.

> Keith

RE: Error messages that repeat on satellite.
Messages say
Taskomatic bunch cobbler-sync-bunch was scheduled to run within the cobbler-
sync-default schedule.

Subtask cobbler-sync failed.

For more information check /var/lib/rhn/tasko/sat/cobbler-sync-bunch/cobbler-
sync_485620_err.

The fix is to simply stop and restart the satellite processes as follows:
As root

  rhn-satellite stop
  rhn-satellite start

Monitor or recheck the /var path above to verify that the issue has been
cleared up.
Enjoy
Rick