[Spacewalk-list] Problems installing Spacewalk 1.8 on CentOS 6.3

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:16:30 UTC 2013

I have excerpts when I last encountered my permission problems, but I'll
capture more detailed notes during the next installation after my POC work
is complete. What I saw in the catalina.log was the following:
2013-01-04 12:08:17,326 [main] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.common.conf.Config -
Could not parse file/usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf
(Permission denied)

Prior to adjusting the permissions, I would only get exceptions displayed
on the webpage. But like I said, I'll try not adjusting anything at the
next fresh install I perform and submit a bug if I encounter it again.

Thanks,
Jon Miller