[Spacewalk-list] debian repository and Release file

Mgr. Peter Hudec peter.hudec at swan.sk
Mon Jan 21 12:46:45 UTC 2013

Hello Simon,

we need to implement the secure way of installing the packages.
All packages in the spacewalk repo must be trusted. we tryied to satup
the SecureApt and therefor i was looging for Packages.gz, Release and
Release.gpg.
It should not be big deal to implement this into spacewalk server and
client part.

After some tests we choose the second way, to sign the debs. It's much
more secure and it fullfill our needs without touching spacewalk code.

Righ now there are 2 signs needed /origin, maintener/ to install the DEB
from any repository. So noboby could fake the DEB and put it into repo.
SecureApt did not solved this problem ..

	best regards
		Peter