[Spacewalk-list] Using mrepo with Spacewalk 1.8

Snyder, Chris Chris_Snyder at sra.com
Wed Jan 23 17:24:56 UTC 2013

This file is usually automatically created when you install your spacewalk server per the usual installation guides.  It's usually installed under that path.  Additionally, it's rolled up as an rpm under /var/www/html/pub (at least under RHEL5).

Now, if you need to directly create the file, you can run the command 'rhn-ssl-tool' on your spacewalk server.  However, I'm not sure exactly what this script does as I've not called it directly, however I know it is responsible for generating your self-signed SSL certs for the spacewalk server and I believe this is what is actually called during the normal spacewalk server installation tools.

If you are running this on a host that is NOT your spacewalk server, i.e. a spacewalk client, then that should have been installed as part of the bootstrap process to add that client to spacewalk (I'm assuming you didn't kickstart this host from spacewalk).  For an example of a client bootstrap script look under /var/www/html/pub/bootstrap or run the command 'rhn-bootstrap' on the spacewalk server.

Thx
Gopher.