[Spacewalk-list] Support for Fedora 18 clients using Spacewalk 1.8?

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:03:06 UTC 2013

Of the required client packages, "pyOpenSSL" and "libxml2-python" were
available from the base set of packages on the 4G DVD where as "rhnlib" and
"spacewalk-koan" were not. I'm able to kickstart a FC18 client but it is
obviously not registering with Spacewalk automatically. I then used the yum
command "yum install --downloadonly --downloaddir=/tmp rhnlib
spacewalk-koan" to get a local copy of the missing RPMs along with their
dependencies. Finally, I re-used the rhnpush command to upload an extra 28
packages into my FC18 channel and while I can confirm they are there via
the Spacealk UI, re-kickstarting still complains about missing the same two
packages.

Is there some sort of sync, cache flush or the like that I need to perform
before a new kickstart can see that those packages are now available for
installation?

Thanks,
Jon Miller

#------ More Details about what I did to resolve my dependencies --------
# From the freshly installed FC18 client
mkdir /tmp/rmps && yum install -y --downloadonly --downloaddir=/tmp/rmps
rhnlib spacewalk-koan
# Then from your Spacewalk server, scp those RPMs to your current directory:
CHANNEL=fedora18-x86_64 # Your channel probably varies from mine
read -p "What is your spacewalk user name: " -e -i "admin-crad"
SPACEWALK_USER
read -p "What is your spacewalk ${SPACEWALK_USER} password: " -s -e
SPACEWALK_PASS
rhnpush -u "${SPACEWALK_USER}" -p "${SPACEWALK_PASS}" -v --channel=$CHANNEL
--server=http://localhost --dir=.