[Spacewalk-list] CentOS errata spanning multiple releases

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Jan 28 22:00:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:54:27 -0600
Nick Wales <nick at nickwales.co.uk> wrote:

> Using David Nutters script
> https://github.com/davidnutter/Centos-Errata
>
> I have a centos 5 machine and a centos 6 machine pushing errata. The
> centos 6 errata is entered fine, but for errata which spans both
> releases the second release that is attempted, in this case 5, the
> log reads
>
> "Errata CEEA-2012:1488 already exists on server, skipping"
>
> Any thoughts on how this can be overcome?

This is one of the scripts that can (and will) lead to
channel-crosscontamination, so I suggest you don't use it.
See this line in the code:

            if len(result) > 0:
                pkg_details = result[0]

==> the package info is searched upon based on it's NVREA (name,
version, release, epoch and architecture), but this can be the same for
redhat and centos, so the solution in the script: if you find more than
one package, just use the first one found ... and as a result that
package gets pushed in your channel (and so redhat packages can get in
centos channels).
Please consider using another script (in this case I'll advertise
mine but there are others) that has no such issues:
https://github.com/liedekef/spacewalk_scripts

Franky