[Spacewalk-list] Need help with registration problems.

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:18:49 UTC 2013

I had to setup a child channel, populate it with packages I was missing,
and then explicitly select it in your kickstart profile under Kickstart
Details -> Operating System. If you have a working client, with good yum
repos, you can try the command "yum install  --downloadonly
--downloaddir=/tmp rhn-setup rhn-check" (and any others to that list) which
will download not only those packages but also their dependencies. Finally,
use "rhnpush" to upload those packages to the child channel. At that point
you should be able to put those packages in your package list and have them
successfully installed. Repeat the process for any other packages you need
during install.

-- Jon Miller