[Spacewalk-list] rhn and spacewalk

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:49:03 UTC 2013

Spacewalk does not talk to RHN.!
It will not block a system from registering unless you have set a
limit number on an activation key.
you do this by setting the usage field on the activation key.
there is also the option of setting the maximum number of
subscriptions for an organization assuming you have multiple
organizations configured.
I use a combination of both of those to prevent various different
business units within my company from just randomly installing systems
without paying for support.

That said you shouldn't install Red Hat updates on a system you
haven't paid for the support on. If you want a free version without
support use Scientific Linux its nearly identical.