[Spacewalk-list] Error using provisioning

Pedro Queirós a39845 at alunos.uminho.pt
Tue Jul 23 09:58:11 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'm having problems using the provisioning option in Spacewalk.
I currently have a kickstart profile that uses a static IP configuration,
and
I'm able to use the Cobbler ISO to boot a system and kickstart it.

However, if I want to kickstart it again, via Spacewalk GUI - Provisioning
option, I get the following error when using the advanced option "Network
connection: use static interface eth0":

<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
not enough arguments for format string
  File "/usr/share/rhn/spacewalkkoan/spacewalkkoan.py", line 167, in
initiate
    k.run()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 429, in run
    self.replace()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 1168, in
replace
    return self.net_install(after_download)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 669, in
net_install
    after_download(self, profile_data)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 1041, in
after_download
    profile_data
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 1213, in
build_initrd
    fd.write(self.get_insert_script(initrd))
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/koan/app.py", line 1195, in
get_insert_script
    """ % initrd

If I use the default option "DHCP using first available interface", I'm
able to
kickstart the system, but it ruins my static IP configuration and I loose
access
to the kickstarted machine.
One way I've been able to circumvent this is by modifying the kickstart
snippet
"post_install_network_config", to comment out the last lines, e.g. "rm -f
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*" and "mv
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/cobbler/* /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/".

Any help solving this problem will be appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Pedro Queirós