[Spacewalk-list] Show differences between profiled config files and deployed config files

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 08:45:36 UTC 2013

> Hey spacewalkers,
>
> I made a revision to one of my locally managed configuration files
> last
> night and waited to see what happened with the diff check.. I might
> be
> missing something, but the diff check shows as completed, fine it
> did..
> but the only way I know there was a actually a difference to alert me
> is drilling all the way down to the Events history page of the
> server?
> Should it not be made more obvious a change has been made.. Moreover
> (and importantly) If someone changed the file on the server itself,
> i'd
> like to be 'alerted', I've not tested it this way round but presume
> the
> same as I found would apply.
>
> Greets,
> Stu

If anybody changes a previously deployed configuration file on the managed server,
the config compare task (run once per day) shall detect it and you shall see
the difference in the Configs column, e.g. on the /rhn/systems/Overview.do
page.
If you make a new revision of the configuration file on the server (as a
configuration admin), you know about it and you shall schedule the deployment
of the new revision.

I hope, it makes sense.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat