[Spacewalk-list] GUI Error Notification Missing

The PowerTool thepowertool_sc at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 9 22:09:34 UTC 2013

Systems : Kickstart : GPG and SSL Keys :

I successfully added RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-18

I then went to add RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-nonfree-fedora-18.  I clicked the link to "create new stored key/cert" and then entered the description, left type at GPG, and selected the file to upload using the "Browse" button.  Clicking on Create Key had no effect.

Apparently the GUI knew the I was attempting to upload a 0-byte file but neglected to share this with me.  I spent time troubleshooting this to discover there's an error message missing from the GUI.  If you select a 0-byte file and then click "Create Key" it should warn you that nothing will happen and that your file has no content.

What's a legitimate scenario where this might happen:  Go to a trusted source for keys - http://rpmfusion.org/keys and then download  using the "get" link the 2013-05-19 attachment for the nonfree-fedora-18.  Now you're all set to upload a 0-byte file and click on that "Create Key" button to your heart's content.