[Spacewalk-list] Keepalive for Database Connections?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 09:49:56 UTC 2013

sela at mms-dresden.de wrote:
% We have enabled keepalive on the Oracle server using SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME, but
% the situation has not changed.
%
% > I believe you need to specify
% >
% > 	ENABLE=BROKEN
% >
% > in your tnsnames.ora to enable TCP keepalive.
%
% We can not use "ENABLE=BROKEN" on the Oracle Client, since Spacewalk uses
% Oracle Instant Client - which has no tnsnames.ora.
% Is there a place where I can tell spacewalk to enable keepalive when using
% Oracle Instant Client? Maybe an option for /etc/rhn/cluster.ini or
% /etc/rhn/rhn.conf ?

Hi Stefan,

you can create /etc/tnsname.ora with connect string you need.
Then just change db_name in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf to the tnsname you've created
(instead of default //host:port/name) and that's it :).

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat