[Spacewalk-list] libxml2-python and kickstart

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:52:15 UTC 2013

(To Jan) Question.  Given that this is discussed in
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4978 (going back almost 2 years now),
and is still an active issue, I'm wondering if the "official" answer is to
not use the updates repo during installation or not.  But if this is just a
metadata bug, as described above and in the referenced bugzilla entry, can
someone please elaborate on what we, the users, can do to help get this
resolved in a way that we can specify additional repositories during
installation safely, as described in
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-pkgselection-x86.html
(section
9.18.1) and
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html
(via
the "repo" keyword)?  Or are we just SOL?

(To Paul) Can you please elaborate on this?  As noted in the
above-referenced bugzilla entry, people are still fighting with this issue
2 years later, but if you've got a working solution to this problem, I'm
sure that many folks would like to know more about it...

Thanks,
 -Ian