[Spacewalk-list] distrbution channel mappings removed when running satellite-sync

Snyder, Chris Chris_Snyder at sra.com
Fri Jun 28 14:22:51 UTC 2013

I have to sync data between my spacewalk instances via rhn-satellite-exporter and satellite-sync as the normal pull architecture can't be used in my network layouts.

However, when I import all my data on the remote end via:
satellite-sync -m /data/pkg/cache/spacewalk-export/ --include-custom-channels

...all the Distribution Channel Mappings I have configured on the remote end are removed!  This is not cool, now I  can't register any new hosts on my remote server until I go in and re-add those DCMs by hand.

So, how can I push my updates between spacewalk servers with losing all those DCMs on the remote server?   Should I enter a bug for this? This is a big show stopper for me.

Thx
Chris.