[Spacewalk-list] How is the new configurable rhncfg-client diff meant to be used?

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Wed Mar 6 14:09:51 UTC 2013

Hi list,

as one feature/fix for 1.9 the release notes state, that the
configuration file diff is now configurable. I tried to get the idea
behind it and this is what I have so far:

The new option "display_diff = True" is needed in file
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhncfg-client.conf (when one wants to allow diff on
root/nonworld readable files without the need to provide the flag "-d").
At least this brings back working diff of config files in cli. But I
thought it would also be evaluated for the webgui. But does it is not.
Diffs initiated frpm the webgui still show:

"Differences exist in a file that is not readable by all. Re-deployment
of configuration file is recommended."

With the proper config in rhncfg-client.conf and fix from BZ#903534
(this is in SW1.9). I thought this would all work and we are back to the
functionality as in SW1.7.

Shouldn't the new parameter display_diff be added to the default config
as provided by rhncfg-client rpm? In git I can see that it is there, but
not in release rpms.
http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spacewalk.git/tree/client/tools/rhncfg/config_client/rhncfgcli.conf

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich