[Spacewalk-list] trick to doing CentOS 6.3 > 6.4 update via spacewalk?

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Mon Mar 11 23:03:27 UTC 2013

> It's a clunky process in Spacewalk no matter how you do it but this one works for me.

i disagree - i have a centos-6-x86_64-updates channel that contains ALL base packages and updates

into this i put ALL 6.4 base packages and also the updates - this is the channel i clone monthly therefore i dont really have 6.3, 6.4 etc i have 12 monthly snapshots of 6

When i want to move to 6.4 which will actually be April 1st's baseline i just change the base channel of the machines to be the april clone then apply any updates that are required and this will take the machine to 6.4 including any updates.

makes perfect sense to me and is very easy to apply programatically

thanks