[Spacewalk-list] Oracle Linux Errata

Robinson, Adam (ITS) adarobin at umflint.edu
Fri Mar 15 17:50:40 UTC 2013

I saw on the list a few weeks ago that there were some questions about how to get Oracle Linux errata info into Spacewalk.  Most of what I saw looks like it related to importing data from the public-yum repository.  I however am using the ULN to mirror the packages and the errata.

I have a server registered to ULN that mirrors the packages into a yum repository.  This yum repository contains no errata info.  I am then having spacewalk sync from the local repository.  I have written a script that on the mirror server pulls the errata info from ULN and writes an XML file.  I have another script that I run on the Spacewalk server that takes that xml file and creates errata from it.  I also have some hacks in there to connect to the database and set the creation date.  I need to update it for 1.9 because it looks like the API was extended to support setting the date.

It's not the prettiest (the first thing I have ever written in Python), and it makes some assumptions (like your repository names in Spacewalk match the ULN repository names),  but I hope others will find it useful.

Thanks,
Adam Robinson
Systems Administrator Intermediate
University of Michigan-Flint