[Spacewalk-list] Regarding base channel of satellite server

Srija G srijavg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:24:12 UTC 2013

Hi ,

I have downloaded (  8  dvds ) of  the base channel of  rhel6.  After
syncing  these dvds,  It is found that the total no of rpms of the
channel  is

rhel-x86_64-server-6   :   8203

But when I am checking to the  redhat  channel , then

rhel-x86_64-server-6 : 10176

Also for example, the  sendmail package (  there  are other few packages  )
is missing  in the satellite  channel which I built,

Can anyone please explain , why the no. of packages are different. Is there
any other dbds  I need to download.

Thanks.
srija