[Spacewalk-list] Running Spacewalk on RHEL 5 / CentOS 5

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:37:13 UTC 2013

Hello,
To be perfectly clear: upgrading from el5 to el6 is possible, I just need
some time to plan this.
A page on the wiki would be useful : with my el5 backup, what exactly do I
need to follow from the installation guide to get spacewalk up and running?
What version of cobbler (2.0 ou cobbler-epel) should I install?
Do I have to install spacewalk-setup-embedded-postgresql or do i just need
to restore configuraiton files and the pg dump? Do I need to restore both
postgres and spacewalk databases or only spacewalk one?
In fact, a third page on the wiki, like HowToInstall and HowToUpgrade, but
to address el5 to el6 upgrade.

All the tools installed on my spacewalk server (mrepo, reposync, errata
scripts and so on) are el6 compatible.

Pierre