[Spacewalk-list] Yum & Subscription Management messages

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 09:37:18 UTC 2013

Boyd, Robert wrote:
% On some of my spacewalk 1.7 clients yum commands generate this informational message:
%
% "This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register."
%
% This is disconcerting to some of the system admins who are less familiar with spacewalk.   How can I update spacewalk clients to generate a more accurate message or to simply be quiet about this?

Can't you simply uninstall subscription-manager?

% Ideally these clients would generate a message saying that the system is registered to spacewalk and receiving updates.
%
% Why do these messages still come out after the system has been registered with rhnreg_ks?
%
% Robert Boyd

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat