[Spacewalk-list] Cloning/syncing errata between channels

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Mar 26 13:14:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-26 10:51, Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé wrote:

> Hi!

I've been trying to figure out how to clone/sync the errata in one
channel into another channel within the same Spacewalk server (version
1.8) but haven't found any resolution. <snip>

> Sync the errata info
from Fedora EPEL 5 and 6 errata files into Spacewalk channels using
ya-errata-import.pl - Works for one channel with Fedora EPEL 5 RPMs and
one channel with Fedora EPEL 6 RPMs.

> 9.

 ya-errata-import.pl will
import your errata into a channel if the packages for that errata are
there.
Re-running ya-errata-import.pl with the same errata for another
channel (for the same OS type) will indeed fail, just because like you
said: the ID exists.

Your setup is a bit unique in that way that you
have the same OS type but for different purposes (workstation, server).

It's not difficult to add an option to add a suffix to errata, so I'll
code it up.

Franky